2023 Active Member Little Gems Gala
WOODSTOCK ARTISTS ASSOCIATION & MUSEUM
CALL FOR ENTRIES: Little Gems
DEADLINE: April 24, 2023
The Woodstock Artists Association & Museum invites Active members to donate a work to the Little Gems exhibition and sale, which is an essential part of our Sky-High Spring Fling fundraising event. We will exhibit the work of donating artists on social media and the WAAM website prior to the event. We will also publicly recognize the artists who are in attendance at the Gala.
Online application dates: February 15 – April 24, 2023
Drop off: Thursday, April 27, 3:00 - 5:00 pm; Saturday, April 29 - 12:00-5:00 pm; Sunday, April 30, 3:00 - 5:00pm
Date of the Spring Fling Gala: May 21, 2:00 – 5:00 pm, Onteora Mountain House, 96 Piney Point Road, Boiceville, NY, 12412: https://www.onteora.com/
· Active members only. For further info on Active membership see https://www.woodstockart.org/active-and-associate/
· Framed or unframed artwork created on a canvas, wood panel or other hard substrate. i.e. - no unframed works on paper (please consider saving these works for our Paper-Unframed Fundraiser in the fall - Thank you!!).
· Dimensions: Artists may submit 2-D (or deep relief) work no larger than 8” and no smaller than 4” on any side. For example, 4 x 4, 5 x 7, 4 x 6, and 8 x 8 would all be accepted, 8 x 10 or 3 x 5 would not; total measurement would include the frame, if framed. (Framing is NOT required).
· All work must be clean, completely dry, and permanently affixed.
· Little Gems will sell for $150 at the Gala. Artists may take back any unsold work, but if permanently donated, WAAM reserves the right to sell the work at a lower price.
WAAM would be delighted to have the artists who donate their work attend the Gala event. We offer the artist the option of purchasing a discounted ticket at $100, and one guest ticket at the same discounted price of $100.
Process for Submission:
· Please submit your Little Gem via Submittable by April 24th at https://www.woodstockart.org/art-submission-calendar/
· Drop off info: Thursday, April 27, 3:00-5:00pm, Saturday, April 29, 12:00-5:00pm or Sunday, April 30, 3:00-5:00pm
· We will only be able to accept work that meets all of the eligibility criteria outlined in the details above.
Thank you for your support. We look forward to seeing your Gems!